Posts tagged Armor and Medieval things.
Magnificent use of religious imagery on a suit of armor.
shoulderblades: Salvador Dalí for vogue paris, december 1971
Jamie Chung as Mulan in Once Upon A Time
by N.C. Wyeth
Basket-hilted Sword at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Angel of Death - George Frederic Watts (1870)
The art of the pen calligraphy from the court of the Emperor Rudolf II
In order from top to bottom:
1. Thrusting Sword, German ca. 1550, pommel and quillon with burled decor.
2. Hand and a Half Sword, German ca. 1520, with blade inscription and crucifix.
3. Hand and a Half Sword, German ca. 1530, flower-bud shaped pommel and quillon ends, the blade with smith’s markings of JOHANNES HOPPE, Solingen.
4. Battle Sword, German ca. 1600, the blade with imperial orb marks.
5. Hand and a Half Sword, German ca. 1580, the blade with smith’s marks
Source: Image and description Copyright Fricker Historical Weapons
Barred Visor of a Close Helmet, Italy, 1600 AD