He is as frightened as I am, Sansa realized. Perhaps that should have made her feel more kindly toward him, but it did not. All she felt was pity, and pity was death to desire.
The Major Arcana (tarot) - Games of Thrones edition
‘Ser Jaime?’ Even in soiled pink satin and torn lace, Brienne looked more like a man in a gown than a proper woman. ‘I am grateful, but…you were well away. Why come back?’
A dozen quips came to mind, each crueler than the one before, but Jaime only shrugged. ‘I dreamed of you,’ he said.
He might have been Robert’s ghost as he stood there, young and dark and handsome.
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
That boy had wanted to be Ser Arthur Dayne, but someplace along the way he had become the Smiling Knight instead.
myaffairwithnabokov asked: hello girl, v curious about your favourite characters and ships on got/asoiaf. i know you love jaime and jaime x brienne but anyone else you really love? OR HATE? i'm still at the beginning of season 3 so i may not know all the characters yet btw.
I ship all my favorite characters more with the ♡ Iron Throne ♡ then with each other mostly because almost every single character is super fucked up in ASOIAF and I’d rather my faves attain a sense of self and general peace around them before they get into a relationship with the lunatic next door (or in this case, the next chapter). My favorite characters are:
- Jaime Lannister (ship him with Brienne). I see his relationship with Cersei as more self preservation on his part (a mistrust of anyone that isn’t his family) and more of a way for her to control her birthright to Casterly Rock as the true first born. As a result she needs Jaime in the palm of her hand (sexual intimacy since they were children that she initiated), that way she lives vicariously through him more often than not as a way for her to reconcile her womanhood that she loathes.
- Catelyn Tully Stark. Naturally I ship her with Eddard Stark - I see her initial love for Brandon as a starstruck teenager was purely for beauty and brawns rather then something she saw substantially in him, as other characters mention that Eddard is nothing like his brother, but in the best way possible. In Indian culture, an arranged marriage is seen as a cold soup that goes hot over time once you get to know your betrothed in the intimacy of a marriage, and that the strongest love is the kind that grows over time, like a wall of vines, rather then the heated “love at first sight” which is put out as quickly as it got started, and that’s really how I see their marriage between them.
- Ser Loras Tyrell - I ship him with Renly Baratheon for a million different reasons!!!! I have so many feelings for them that I feel a little blurb on here would be so useless. Loras was just such a ride or die bitch for Renly. Renly, who inherited all of his famous older brothers beauty and the wits of the middle child Stannis proved to be a deadly combination in every way possible, and Loras wanted to cultivate that in a way that gave them everything they needed. He put Renly on such a pedestal - rather then him being the king of his heart he wanted him King of the Realm — and he did anything and everything in his power to make it possible. His staunch chastity afterwards.. KILL ME GOD THEY ARE SO TRAGIC. Truly GRRM’s Achilles and Patroclus. Things that make me feel everything 1 | 2 | 3
- Theon Greyjoy - I really don’t ship him with anyone, especially not Jeyne Poole. I just want them both to have some warm soup, fresh clothes, get some cocoa butter in their lives, and go to extensive therapy from their rescue until forever.
- Daenerys Targaryen - I definitely ship her with Khal Drogo, and while I do want her to move on and love again, I can’t find it in myself to care about her shitty taste in men afterwards tbh. The romantic Kat Von D of Westeros smh
- Sansa Stark - omg pretty much how I feel about Theon is how I feel about her. I want her to know glory in the North, I want her to howl a little louder when it comes to standing up for herself. Regain basic teenager personality development, that would definitely be a top goal for her in my mind.. killing Petyr as well in cold blood and while he gazes upon her in his last gasps of breath, has never seen more Catelyn Stark in her ever.
Game of Thrones Illustrations by aprilis420.
Dany is cute she does cute things
Pain shuddered through him… and suddenly the bathhouse was spinning. Brienne caught him before he could fall. Her arm was all gooseflesh, clammy and chilled, but she was strong, and gentler than he would have thought. Gentler than Cersei, he thought as she helped him from the tub, his legs wobbly as a limp cock. “Guards!” he heard the wench shout. “The Kingslayer!”
Jaime, he thought, my name is Jaime.